Club Chairmans Announcement
As chairman of LCLFC, I am always looking at ways to improve our club. It has always been my aim for us to be the best community football club in the Midlands that caters for the women & girls’ game; and with our long history and legacy, being the oldest club in the country being formed in 1966, I feel the club has now reached a milestone. In 2016 we will be celebrating our golden anniversary; what better time to move forward.
As a club we have been looking for someone who can communicate between myself and the club on football, business and development matters. In recent times, due to family commitments, our first team manager Matt Cook has had to take a slightly different role; he is at present overseeing the senior section with the coaching team taking care of team affairs. Although we see this as a short term measure for Matt, as he will lead us into 2014/15 season, it has opened an opportunity in the immediate future to benefit the football club. As a committee, we have needed a football business development manager for several seasons and I have offered this vacant role to Matt; which I am delighted to say he has accepted. Matt has my full backing and support. Matt’s selfless devotion to LCLFC over the last five years has led me to make this appointment. He will use his usual sound judgement to promote innovative ideas with great enthusiasm.
I ask for all at the club to give Matt their complete support, and welcome him, and his ideas that I’m sure will be of benefit to all.
I have asked Matt to address the following for the remainder of the season:-
- To develop and enhance the senior football structure in preparation for the clubs promotion to the newly formed Championship level; the highest level of the winter game.
- To create closer links between all sectors of the club.
- To enhance advertisement and sponsorship investments.
- To look into ground and training facilities for the club.
- To develop our hard working coaches and find ways to achieve this to give something back to our many volunteers.
- To develop a player structure and a pathway for all.
- To develop a schools’ project.
Matt will be in constant contact with myself on any ideas so I can oversee all projects.
I want to thank Matt for taking this vital role as we consolidate and develop our club. Let’s all work together to secure our long term future. Any ideas you wish to put forward, speak to Matt personally or email either of us through the club website.
Yours in Sport
Chairman Leicester City Ladies FC